Many of you must have heard about Invisalign alignment of teeth and also about traditional aligning method. However, it is important for you to know about this latest technique that most of the dentists are adopting nowadays.
Our dental aftercare post will tell you how best you can take care of your teeth when you have had invisible braces or the latest Invisalign aligners fitted on your teeth.
Both these treatments are a commitment, so we can just advice you how you can look after the braces, while in and also out of the mouth.
This kind of latest Invisalign braces that you can obtain through Invisalign treatments will include wearing aligners which are removeable and resized/replaced after every 2 weeks.
Since they are removable, hence it is important that you must keep aligners, and also your teeth, properly cleaned and cared all throughout the treatment to make sure of the best results.
Any clear and the invisible braces are quite similar to the traditional braces, but they use strong transparent plastic rather than any metal brackets or wires.
Tips for taking care of your Invisalign aligners
During the treatment it is very important to keep aligners clean during the treatment to avoid bacteria build-up or discoloration. For keeping them as much invisible as possible, you must follow these steps.
- Use Invisalign crystals for soaking aligners in, instead of damaging them with any harsh chemicals.
- Brush your teeth immediately after every drink or meal and before putting any aligners for preventing bacteria build-up or discoloration.
- Rinse aligners after you take out to avoid staining.
- Gently brush the aligners with any clear anti-bacterial liquids.
- Keep the aligners in box when it is not in use.
- Never use toothpaste or mouthwash for cleaning your aligners.
- Never drink any dark liquids like coffee, wine or cola with your aligners putting in
Tips for taking care about your invisible braces
These invisible braces are also fixed almost like normal brace, which means they cannot be removed or cleaned like Invisalign.
Therefore, it will be much more important to take care of your teeth and also practice better oral hygiene during the treatment, to make sure you achieve best results without staining your teeth.
- Use fluoride mouthwash in order to reach parts of the mouth that your toothbrush can’t.
- Buy interdental brushes, for getting behind wire of the brace.
- Eat sweets that are hard boiled that can snap wires of the brace.
- Try to avoid, drinking or eating things that can stain your clean braces like coffee, curry, wine and tomato-based meals.